Photoshoot: How to Prepare
How to Prepare for Your Photoshoot
- Have the outfits you would like to wear already selected and laid out.
- Solid colors work best and avoid all white clothing (for headshots your face should be the brightest part) or Graphics that will be distracting. ***AVOID small repeating patterns like pinstripes or polka dots*** If you’d like to incorporate these patterns, reach out to us in advance.
- Adding a layer (like a jacket) for texture and a simple change-up for you look can go a long way.
- Go with your natural everyday look.
- Bring powder and a brush (or any other application method).
- Powder reduces editing time, and makes you less shiny when photographed. Using an oil wipe before applying powder/makeup can also be helpful.
- Research poses a head of time. Be prepared with lots of options:
- You may notice several of your peers doing the same poses – be unique!
- The photographer may ask for something different because of constraints with the lighting, or background.
- The more you prep in advance the more we can capture and provide for you during your shoot.
- Make a playlist on Spotify or Tidal and send a link to us in advance! Great music = great vibes, and music that speaks to you will help create an atmosphere that showcases you at your best.